The Milk and Honey 2013 registration is now open! So for those of you who want to chase that time from last year or just love the coolest race around, now is the time to enter and start training.
This year’s race is on Sunday 27th October, Labour weekend and is once again part of the Nelson Cycle Festival. So what’s new for this year?
· We’re basing ourselves right in town with a village green start and finish. We’ll be putting up a small marque with a bit of entertainment for the wait between finishing the race and prize giving
· We’re introducing two new elements to the road leg. A sprint for a time bonus on the Takaka valley section. A King of the mountain prize for the first person to the summit of the Takaka hill.
· Sections of the downhill have had a make over. Karl Thompson the man who gave you Corkscrew at kaiteriteri has just been through the pack track with a digger burming up those corners to make fast and flowing. One and two Klick have also had work down with some cool technical riding to keep you on your toes to the end.
· More sponsors and more spot prizes. We’re happy to have Cactus back onboard this year with some great spot prizes. We welcome Roam industries, who are donating a rather tasty spot prize, Thanks.
· More riders. Word is out.
You can enter online the same as last year by going to our website and completing the registration form. Payment will be by direct credit to our bank account once again.
See you on Race day.
The Milk & Honey Race team.